Sunday, August 06, 2006

Epiphany

I was standing at the sink a while ago, peeling an orange and just kind of thinking about some of the posts I've blogged the last day or two. I just moved July 1 and it's such a better situation. I feel good and nurtured and taken care of. I seem to have been drawn to information about loving myself. I was thinking about what I am discovering and posting and I had an epiphany: What if all resistance is really just not loving myself?

I posted information about a Hawaiian conflict resolution/healing practice called Ho'oponopono yesterday in the post entitled, "How does healing happen?" The article is about healing others by healing ourselves, but the practical information I took away from reading that article is that when there is the appearance of contrast that seems to come from outside of me, I can heal that inside by saying to myself, "I love you." Instead of focusing on the conflict/contrast, it becomes a reminder to me to love myself.

So, if I see someone else upset, even if not directed at me, I say "I love you" to myself (however many times feels good).

And then this morning I was thinking about lack of money and realized that it comes from not loving myself. There are thoughts and memories and beliefs about myself tied up in that feeling and vibration of lack. So, I just sat and thought, "I love you," and just felt the feelings and watched the thoughts that came up, saying "I love you" whenever I felt like it.

My epiphany this morning is, what if all contrast and resistance I experience is due to not loving myself? I'm going to give it a try. Any time I see any contrast or have an unpleasant feeling I'm going to say "I love you" to myself.

I've enjoyed the feeling of being in control of my feelings and life experience that I've gained from the Abraham-Hicks information. It's been a process of turning from seeing the world as the source (get a job --> receive money and be happy, marry Mr. Right --> be loved and be happy, look a certain way --> be happy) to realizing that Source Energy answers my desires. I get to choose what I feel by how I think and what I desire follows.

Before, when I saw things outside of me that felt overwhelming and out of my control, like the news at someone else's house, I might say a prayer, surround the person or situation with white light and/or find some way to focus on something more pleasant that felt better.

I really like this new method. I am feeling better all the time, but this gives even greater control over my feelings when I am with others or out in the world. When I say I love you to myself, I can feel the soothing of gentle regard that is focused inward. I let God take care of the rest.

I like it and it feels good.

5 Comments:

At Sunday, August 6, 2006 at 8:17:00 PM EDT, Blogger Xia Diaz said...

I wrote a post last night on how I tend to be negative, which results in me getting sick. This morning, I stumbled upon your website and got the answer I've been looking for. Thank you.

 
At Sunday, August 6, 2006 at 8:47:00 PM EDT, Blogger Suzanne said...

Hi Xia,

I love that you "stumbled" on this web site when you were seeking an answer. I love how that works for all of us. A wonderful person just happens to send me an email with an article that leads to an understanding for me and you just happen to stop by. Ask and it is given -- to me and to you.

I just looked at your blog and have had many of the same habits of thought you are talking about. I've been reading Abraham-Hicks and practicing deliberate conscious creating for three years. I can tell you it really works! The other types of thinking you were taking about were practiced, too. The more I practice thoughts that feel good, the easier it gets. You are on the path and on the right track!!

Wishing you moments of unexpected delight, Xia.

 
At Tuesday, August 8, 2006 at 8:23:00 AM EDT, Blogger Darrell Peter said...

Good day to you

I was raised on " Love thy nieghbor as Thyself " great phylosophy - IF you love yourself, and most do not.
I found myself doing for others as often a I could, trying to love others,never noticing I had left myself out the equation.
It is simple adivice you are expounding here, but as profound aas the Universe itself.

Darrell

 
At Tuesday, August 8, 2006 at 12:30:00 PM EDT, Blogger Suzanne said...

Hi Darrell,

I am so glad this appeals to you. I have just been practicing this a couple of days and am having the most gentle, but profound changes in how I feel. It's affecting how I think about things that I desire, too. I feel very relaxed about it all -- everything is ok, all really is supplied. My thinking is changing easily.

And Abraham says we never get it done and there is no end to how much joy and love and delight we can experience. Wow.

Wishing you something especially delightful today, Darrell.

 
At Wednesday, October 4, 2006 at 5:44:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I met Dr Len at a Ho ‘oponopono workshop last November, it was an awesome experience!!!

He even ended up endorsing my book!

Book: The Titus Concept Money For My Best and Highest Good
Website: www.theonlyoption.net
Seminar: SOAR 2006 The Titus Concept Live Event
Google: Al Diaz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home