Saturday, August 05, 2006

Feeling good is our natural state of being. Deliberate creating is choosing thoughts that feel good.

From Mousie...(re a Words of Well-Being post)

I have read in many books that we attract what we think about, which sometimes gives me an uneasy feeling, as it is not always easy to avoid negative thoughts. But in your November 26 post you say we attract the essence of who we are, which sounds like a more comforting thought to me. Could you elaborate on that? Thank you.


From Suzanne...

Hi Mousie! I've been reading Abraham-Hicks for about three years now and they do address your question about negative thoughts quite a bit. You're asking about something key to deliberate creating. I do have some Abe quotes stored up so I'll look through them a bit. I probably have some related to this topic.

In my perspective, reality creation tells us that we create by our thoughts. Abraham-Hicks goes further by talking about the connection between what we think and how we feel -- that how we feel is information from our Inner Being about our thoughts. Furthermore, because we can choose our thoughts, we can be deliberate creators.

So, the important thing for you is that you were thinking a thought that didn't feel good (you felt uneasiness) and you chose a better feeling thought.

I don't know that it is as simple as "what we think about we attract." I think there could be people who write books about murders who have a strong sense of justice. If they felt good when they were writing the books, I think that is the vibration they would offer and which would do the attracting. They feel good so they attract awards and money and success.

Someone may have a vibration of feeling unworthy and a victim. Their thoughts follow that feeling. They have an emotional filter so they interpret the actions of others as taking advantage of them and they think the thoughts that follow their feelings. They could think thoughts of being a victim until they attract that experience of being murdered. Even so, they are also receiving kindness from others. Maybe they don't let it in, but it's there.

I've read your blog and it is full of your joy and appreciation in life. These thoughts that you feel uneasy about are just little practice sessions for you to feel better. Just find a way to soothe yourself and to feel better. They are not important in and of themselves. Our experience in these bodies is about contrast so we will be seeing and reading things we like and things we don't. You will have thoughts that feel good and ones that don't. Only you know what feels good and you are the one that gets to choose what you think and feel.

I love having the chance to rummage through my Abe quotes -- I always see something new. I didn't find the quotes I was thinking about, they are probably actually ones I've heard on tapes. I did ask the Law of Attraction Manager to be my guide in choosing quotes about how we think and create and found some I've added below. Do look at the one that says "There is only a Source of Well-being---which you are allowing or not." So, the feeling is just telling you that you were pinching yourself off from Well-being. I like that way of thinking about it much more. Well-being is still there, so with a thought, I can connect again. There's no need to be concerned about the thought that we felt uneasy about at all, just to choose better feeling thoughts that return us to our connection. That's what we practice with deliberate creating.

Wishing you a beauty of a day -- Suzanne

The thought that you think, you think, which attracts to it; so you think it some more, which attracts to it; so you think it some more. In other words, when you have an expectation, you've got a dominant thought going on, and Law of Attraction is going to deliver that to you again, and again and again. And you say "The reason that I believe this, is because it is true." And we say, the reason that you believe it, is because you've practiced the thought. All that a belief is, is a thought that you keep practicing.

expressed by Abraham-Hicks, 5/28/02

We practice the Art of Allowing. Which means reaching for the thought that feels best, not the thought that is the real thought, not the thought that is telling it like it is. Telling it like it is only holds you where it is: "Damn it, I'm going to tell it like it is. I'm going to tell it like it is, because everybody wants me to tell it like it is." Tell it like it is if you like it like it is. But if you don't like it like it is, then don't tell it like it is -- tell it like you want it to be. If you tell it like you want it to be, long enough, you will begin to feel it like you want it to be, and when you feel it like you want it to be, it be's like you want it to be.

Abraham-Hicks, From the workshop 9/30/00

You have your hand on the switch. You are the allower or the resister. And your emotions tell you which you're doing right now. It's easy once you understand the formula: When you feel good, you're allowing good. When you don't feel good, you are not allowing good. We didn't say, when you feel good you are allowing good, and when you feel bad you are allowing bad (although it may translate into your experience in that way). There is only a Source of Well-being---which you are allowing or not.

Abraham-Hicks, From the workshop 7/20/02

We want you to enjoy the contrasting experience, just like you enjoy the contrasting buffet. And we want you to reach the place (and practicing Virtual Reality will help you to gain this confidence) that whenever you're in front of a buffet that has so much that you do like to eat, as well as some that you don't like to eat, you don't feel frustrated that there are things there you don't want to eat. You don't feel compelled to put them on your plate and eat them; you just pick the things that you like. And the Universe of thought is the same way. You can choose from it the things that you like.

expressed by Abraham-Hicks, 6/29/02

We're not teaching reaching for thoughts that feel better so that you can make things turn out the way you want them to turn out. We're teaching it because in this moment of your frustration is your life, and we would not squander life on frustration. In other words, we want you to reach for thoughts that feel good not to get end-results that you want -- although you will -- but because when you reach for thoughts that feel good, you allow the connection of who you are here and now. That's what matters, you see.

We're not teaching the Art of Allowing or the Science of Deliberate Creation because we see the absence of things you need or relationships you need and we want to show you how to get those into your life experience. Your life is right now, your life is right now, your life is right now, your life is right now. And everything that you've ever wanted, anyway, is because you think you will feel better in the having of it. Feeling is life.

Feeling is life. Life is how I feel. There's nothing more. Life isn't about what has been and how I felt about it, unless how I felt about it is conjuring the way I'm feeling now. What is coming isn't about anything except how I'm feeling now as I'm thinking about what's coming. Life is right now.

Right now is the juncture between me in my focused leading-edge experience and who I really am as Source. And the way I feel now is about the way I'm managing that connection.

Life, my life -- whether I call [it] a joyous life or whether I call [it] a miserable life -- the sum of my life, which is all right now, is about my relationship with my Source, nothing more.


Abraham-Hicks, Albany, N.Y., 10/1/02
*************************************************************************************
All quotes are copyright Abraham-Hicks Publications. Abraham-Hicks Publications, P. O. Box 690070, San Antonio, TX 78269. Visit the official Abraham site at: www.abraham-hicks.com/

2 Comments:

At Sunday, August 6, 2006 at 9:04:00 PM EDT, Blogger Adriana said...

hi Suzanne, thanks so much for posting about this subject, and for gathering together all those wonderful Abraham quotes that pertain to it. I like the one about there only being a Stream of Well Being, which we are allowing or not. And thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and for the kind words. I am really enjoying reading both your blogs. With love & appreciation, Mousie

 
At Sunday, August 6, 2006 at 9:23:00 PM EDT, Blogger Suzanne said...

Hi Mousie,

It's really an important idea, isn't it? We can't really be cut off from Well-Being, it's all there is. We can only think we are cut off from it. I am so greatful for this information!

Wishing you a delightful evening and maybe a bit of silly fun in the week coming up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home