Friday, September 15, 2006

Reworking creativity affirmations with Abish wording

A friend sent a link to creativity affirmations. When I read them, I had an immediate desire to rework them with Abe words that already work to quickly uplift my feelings.

For example:

Original affirmation:

I spend ten minutes each morning and evening, thinking over my problems.

Becomes

I spend ten minutes each morning and evening visualizing my desires.

Original affirmation:

I treat each new problem I encounter as a new door to be opened, and an opportunity to be creative.

Becomes

I treat each rocket of desire I send out as a new door to be opened, and an opportunity to be creative.

But then I wondered if there was a more feel good word than creative:

I treat each rocket of desire I send out as a new door to be opened, and an opportunity to feel good.

or

I treat each rocket of desire I send out as a new door to be opened, and an opportunity allow Source energy to flow through me.

or

I treat each rocket of desire I send out as a new door to be opened, and an opportunity to allow my good to come to me.

An affirmation should be clean and simple and these are getting complicated. The important thing would be for it to feel good when I say it.

The original affirmations are also designed for the speaker to "allow" their creativity to flow -- to allow ambiguity, learning, and comfort with the process -- and to take action. That packs a lot of meaning into the word "creativity" and I'm adding more words instead. The words I'm using are about feelings, not taking action either. So, I'll have to think about this.

The original creativity affirmations can be found at Creative Resources. I believe they are saying the affirmations are from Julia Cameron's book The Artist's Way - A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity.

Please post a comment if you have some thoughts on ways to rework these affirmations. I'd love to read them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home