Saturday, February 02, 2008

Clarity on contrast and resistance as given by Abraham-Hicks

I was looking for Abraham's definition of contrast and was surprised to find this one in Ask and It Is Given: ...the contrast, or variety, in which you are standing provides the perfect environment for the formation of your personal preferences.

I've been working with Abraham's information for about four years and had wandered off into my own version of contrast. I was thinking of contrast as something I didn't want, but I'm reminded that Abraham is saying life offers a buffet of choices, and from seeing the contrast among the choices, we conclude what we want. There is no value one way or the other with what is offered -- it's value only depends on what we desire.

So, why does it feel unpleasant when I see something I don't want? Because of my thoughts and feelings about it. What I was thinking of as contrast was actually my own resistance.

Even as a child I can remember being aware that when I felt bad it wasn't about the person or thing I was contemplating -- they weren't in my head making those thoughts -- I was the one thinking them. I just didn't know what to do to change those thoughts because they sure seemed to be caused by people or events outside of me. I also didn't know how to create what I wanted to experience. Abraham has given me the key.

In these four years it's been a long learning process to turn my thinking around. I approach changing my thoughts and feelings from different angles, work with it, and am very happy with the changes I've experienced. As Abraham says, we never get it done so there's more and better to come.

This is a post about a simple thing, a thought, a change in perspective. I offer it to you as part of the abundance in the buffet -- a little morsel that may be a tasty part of your life today or may be waiting in your thoughts if you ever need it.

Bon Appétit!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The quote above is from Ask and It is Given by Esther and Jerry Hicks, p. 17.

All quotes are copyright Abraham-Hicks Publications. Visit the official Abraham site at: http://www.abraham-hicks.com/

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Thursday, September 19, 2019 at 11:40:00 AM EDT, Blogger BeeAtrix said...

Thank you for that, very well said

 

Post a Comment

<< Home