Sunday, August 06, 2006

The Epiphany really works: I love you

I've been practicing the new technique that I posted earlier in the day titled Epiphany: telling myself in my mind, I love you, when there is something I am resisting. It really works!

I was going to my sister's house and when I started to walk I said it to my body because my legs hurt. I thought, I love you. I love my wonderful body. I love my beautiful muscles, I love my beautiful joints, I love my strong bones, I love my cushiony cartilage. I made a game of alliteration and had a bit of fun with it. There were the thoughts of "that hurt," but I can tell this works so I will definitely continue! It certainly feels better at the time I am saying it and my mind goes in a pleasant direction.

When I was at my sister's a relative had a two-year old girl there who was having a temper tantrum. It had been going on several minutes with everyone trying to distract her and comfort her. I was tempted to say I love you to the child (in my thoughts), but reminded myself to say it to myself. When I did the child quieted down almost immediately and I thought it a few more times. A couple of minutes later the young woman took the child out of the room and they did other things and became playful.

I thought it more times about any little unpleasant feeling. There is much going on when I say this to myself. I am loving myself, I am thinking of something that is pleasant, I am comforting myself, and I can feel that whatever in me that is like the outside situation is getting love. For example, instead of complaining to myself about my legs and what happened in the past, I am loving them. I noticed the little child part of me that cried when I was two was getting comfort. I don't focus on the past a lot, but I noticed something more was going on. All that matters is that right Now, I am choosing feeling good and choosing to love myself.

I'm very excited. It feels good and I like doing it. Ah, life is good!

6 Comments:

At Monday, August 7, 2006 at 12:26:00 PM EDT, Blogger i_heart_80s said...

I'm so glad you're writing again. You were gone for awhile and I missed you. And I missed your words making my day brighter! And it worked again today. Thank you!

 
At Monday, August 7, 2006 at 1:07:00 PM EDT, Blogger i_heart_80s said...

Oh my gosh, so I read your blog and then wrote a blog of my own, all the while practicing your new technique. And I'm telling you, within an hour of practicing and telling myself I loved myself, two really great things happened (I wrote about them in my blog)! This really works. And I think it will do wonders on my self esteem too!

 
At Tuesday, August 8, 2006 at 12:08:00 PM EDT, Blogger Suzanne said...

Hi Raechel!

I'm so glad you stopped by and are enjoying the posts.

I moved on July 1 and had also been doing some project work while packing and then moving. So July was spent unpacking and resting. This new apartment is wonderful for me in so many ways! I love it.

There are so many things happening from saying I love you when I notice resistance. I'm getting some notes together to post about it. It really helps me have a more even and consistent lovin' feeling...and that's good!!

You brighten my day, too, Raechel. May delightful things come your way.

 
At Saturday, August 12, 2006 at 2:50:00 PM EDT, Blogger Gary said...

Many thanks for writng your blog on ephinay, I have been thinking positve thoughts about someone I have been having a really bad time with. Since I have applied your theory things have become more peaceful between us and the sense of conflict has it seems dissolved.
Once again many thanks and God bless you.

 
At Saturday, August 12, 2006 at 5:25:00 PM EDT, Blogger Suzanne said...

Hello Gary, and welcome,

When I started this blog, I had the intention to feel good, but also to share the process I was going through with others who are seeking this information. Someone sends me an email and I get an idea and you read it and it resonates with you and you send your light to someone and they resonate with your light and send their light to someone ... maybe back to me! It's all such a loving feeling.

I understand you are sending positive thoughts to others. It wasn't clear to me, and you don't have to tell me, but I hope you are also saying I love you to yourself when you have a thought that doesn't feel good. I continue to feel more relaxed, more at peace, and more contented the more I do it. I notice my thinking is much more peaceful.

Thank you for your blessings, they are much appreciated!

Wishing you a day filled with unexpected delights, Gary.

 
At Friday, February 27, 2015 at 8:55:00 AM EST, Blogger G said...

Thank you for this post. Came across it and it really spoke to my heart. Def tried it for my "migrane " and when I focused on saying and feeling the words, I love you, the pain went away immediately.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home