Saturday, October 07, 2006

Setting moon in the pinks of a dawn sky

I woke to a beautiful sight this morning. The sky is all dawn pale pinks and blues and a big full moon is setting just above the trees outside my window. This harvest moon looks larger than normal, with that bright lunar white showing the dark markings of the man in the moon. I just opened the window to breathe in the crisp, cold air and listen to the sounds of the flocks of birds talking excitedly as they fly to their favorite places for breakfast. And in the time that it's taken to write this the sun is bright and I can't see the moon anymore.

Just one more enchanted moment from God. What a beautiful day!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Saturday, October 7, 2006 at 9:01:00 AM EDT, Blogger Xia Diaz said...

I love mornings like that!

 
At Saturday, October 7, 2006 at 4:17:00 PM EDT, Blogger Suzanne said...

Hi Xia! I'm glad you stopped by. I just moved here a couple of months ago and this is my first time to see the moon setting. I hope to see many more delightful dawn surprises.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home