Saturday, December 02, 2006

Abraham-Hicks: The connection between time and receiving our desire

Overwhelment is about you not being up to speed with what you told the Universe that you want. The Universe is yielding to you. You're just not ready to receive it right now.

Abraham-Hicks, 5/13/02

Time is a perceived thing. It literally stretches to allow more or shrinks to allow less, depending on the vibration of your being in the moment. When you rely on action alone for the creation or motion forward of your experience, you often find yourselves with a time shortage, but when you learn the art of aligning your thoughts with the energy that creates worlds, with your never-ending source of pure, positive Energy, then time becomes inconsequential - for there is always enough of whatever you need for the creation of anything that you desire.

Abraham-Hicks, 10/27/96, Calendar P. 258

I find Abe's quote about time very reassuring. I believe it was Abe who said to ask yourself how long it will be before you get your desire. Then they said that's how long it will take to come to you if you keep the same beliefs.

If we're aware of that, we have a measure our resistance. We can work with it by giving the time element to the Manager and asking that our desire come to us easily and effortlessly. We can affirm that we are comfortable with our desire coming and that we have all the loving, generous support we desire to take care of anything that needs to be done.

I had a thought the other day that we don't allow "things," we allow feelings. If we feel some "thing" is not coming to us we are actually resisting the feeling that comes with it. For example, in September I was looking for a way to make money starting in January. I wanted something in town, easy for me, and working with people that I liked. I saw an ad in the paper for a tax service that was opening in town and called. They had a class starting the next day and I signed up.

I felt stressed about taking the class -- me? Do taxes?!! When I really looked at the feelings I had though, they boiled down into me not feeling "enough" in some way. The feelings were straight from childhood and so familiar. It had never mattered what I did to prove myself, I never did enough to soothe that feeling. The feeling I was resisting was success. No matter how much I succeeded in the past, I didn't let myself feel it. There was always some way my effort wasn't enough.

So, what I worked on was a little bit about the class, but mostly about healing that old, old wounded part of myself. I did great in the class and just signed the contract to start working preparing tax returns in January -- me? Yes, I do taxes!! Yes, I feel successful for completing it -- they usually have 40% to 50% of the people who take it drop out. The office is about five blocks from my house, it's easy for me, and the owners are friendly, caring people.

The way the process of feeling better works for me is that I have a desire. Then if any thoughts I have resist that desire, they come up and there will be unpleasant feelings connected with them. Recognizing that they have come up to be healed and released makes it so much easier to change that thinking. If you have those negative feelings, it's not because something is wrong with you (insecure, not enough), but only that you have a desire and you have thoughts that are opposed to that desire.

That's a good thing though and the more loving we are with ourself and the more accepting of all of our feelings, the easier it becomes to allow what we want in our life. Abe has given us the connection between thoughts and feelings. Feelings aren't good or bad, they're just information about what we are thinking -- and the empowering thing is that we all have the power to change our thoughts.

It's never too late to change our future -- we're the ones we've been waiting for.

--Unknown
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Abraham-Hicks quotes copyright by Abraham-Hicks Publications. For more information visit http://www.abraham-hicks.com/

The Manager or Law of Attraction (LOA) Manager:

Think of this random Universe where everything is possible. The organizational skills belong to Law of Attraction. If you will relax and allow Law of Attraction to do the organization, the managing, then you can spend your time doing the things that please you. -- Abraham-Hicks, 9/21/02

See my August 6, 2006 post, "Epiphany" about a way I found to soothe unplesant feelings by loving myself.

Labels: , ,