Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Finding peace

I had an experience a couple of weeks ago of going under in the face of circumstances. I've felt like I've been treading water with these issues for years really and this time it was so much and so out of my control that I felt overwhelmed. I felt myself go under water and could actually experience it and see it -- and I did not drown and I did not die. It was peaceful and serene and I could see.

I've used all of my techniques to support myself in finding the way through to understanding, a couple are:

I've repeated to myself "I love you" and I've also been saying "I'm so sorry" with much compassion. There is a great healing going on.

I've been using the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) which is a wonderful tool for healing. I have used it for years and know alternative and traditional health providers who use it.

And I've called the Unity prayer line almost every day. I've been really honest about exactly where I was and what I was asking for and the prayers have moved me along in my understanding every day. Yesterday I found out there were more challenges in the next few days and I was working to find a way to be at peace and take it one day at a time. This morning I felt so close to understanding -- I really do believe God is at work in every situation, I do believe there is only that stream of Well-Being, but there was something more I needed to understand. And the person who prayed said exactly what I needed to hear -- that this Presence is within me. I don't remember the exact words right now, but after the call I feel a solidness and strength within me. I asked and my prayer was answered within that call. It's an amazing experience.

Unity prayer line 1-800-669-7729

The experience I had with the water vision a couple of weeks ago wasn't about drowning, it was about learning that I am safe. I love water so the image wasn't frightening at the time, it was actually comforting. And I needed to find a way to feel that safety and comfort in the air breathing part of my experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home