Monday, April 24, 2006

Correcting my heading to Well-Being

A pilot corrects the heading of an airplane a large percentage of time that they fly from point A to point B. In spite of the need for corrections, the plane lands amazingly accurately and on time (exceptions are when there are other things that delay the flight).

My Inner Being provides that same type of guidance to get me where I want to go. When I don't feel good, I have started tuning in to my Inner Being. I have a feeling of what that Presence is and I take a moment to listen or rest in that feeling. I may ask for something like peace of mind or comfort or guidance. Sometimes I say that I want to feel good. Sometimes I ask my Inner Being what it would do in this situation. When I do that I feel a flowing toward me and see things in a different way.

As I was doing this, I realized one day that feeling good means being in the Now. And worry and resistance is about the future or the past. When I feel well-being, I am totally in the present.

I've also been thinking a lot about control. I noticed that when I felt upset about something, I felt like someone/something was in control and I wasn't. If I felt upset about something at work, they were the source of money instead of the Universe or me being the source. When I feel upset about something in a relationship, it seems to be because I feel like something I want is not in my control -- it's in their control. Some version of..."I want to feel loved and they're not doing what I want so that I feel loved."

Choosing to change my thoughts so that I feel good puts me back in a feeling of being in control. It feels good to know that I'm in charge of how I feel.

And the last part is trust. Abraham tells us time and time again, that when we feel good, what we desire comes to us. So, all the unhappy feelings are about something that I want. This has been the last part for me, to trust that what I am really seeking is to feel good and to trust that when I feel good I am lovingly provided for. I relax and trust God and allow God's good to come to me.

Now that I have had a taste of how good I can feel, when I choose thoughts that don't feel good it has become extremely unpleasant. It's not worth it anymore to think I can't have what I want. It doesn't matter to me. All that is important is to feel good. And how I feel is a choice that, thank God, only I can make.

I have come to the place of choice and I choose well-being. I choose to look for things that feel good. I choose to believe that what Abraham is saying is true. I choose to believe that things will work out and I don't need to manage that process, I can let God handle it.

Just do your best to keep yourself in balance. One of the first things that causes Energy misalignment, is asking or demanding too much of yourself in terms of time and effort. In other words, you just cannot burn the candle at both ends, so that you are physically tired, and then expect yourself to have a cheerful attitude. So, the rule of thumb has to be: "I'm going to be very, very, very happy, and then do everything I have time to do after that."

Abraham-Hicks, From the workshop recording 3-6-05

How can you possibly guide your life by the standards that come from outside of you, when there are not two in your world that ask the same thing of you? You have to, once and for all, decide that you're going to orient yourself from your Source perspective. When you make a decision that nothing is more important than that you feel good, your life will begin to become that which you knew it could be when you made the decision to come forth into this physical experience.

Abraham-Hicks,From the workshop recording 10/5/02

In your moving yourself up the Emotional Scale, your business will begin to prosper in new and profound ways! Your business, your relationships, your finances cannot grow beyond your emotional response -- nothing can grow beyond your emotional response. Everything matches your Set-point of emotions on every subject that exists.

Abraham-Hicks, From the workshop recording 12/6/03-B

So, the truth is, there's not one path. The truth is, there's not only one right path. The truth is, all paths can be made to be the right path. The truth is, that every individual has a different path. And that different path that every individual is launching incrementally and amending constantly--that true path is known by Source and is guided by Source if you will pay attention to the way you feel.

Abraham-Hicks, From the workshop recording 10/13/04

You have been oriented that you must pay a price in order to get somewhere, and in the process, you've come to believe that getting there must be really important, therefore, it must be your purpose. And we say, but if you're not getting to joy, then you've gotten nowhere. Joy is really where you're going.

Abraham-Hicks, From the workshop recording 12/13/03

The only thing that makes the difference in the way you feel right now is the thought that you are thinking right now. It doesn't matter how much money you've got; there are joyful people with no money, and there are unhappy people with lots of money. How you feel is about how you are allowing the Source that is You to flow. So when we talk about the Art of Allowing, we're talking about the art of living; about the art of thriving; about the art of clarity. We're talking about the art of being who you really are.

Abraham-Hicks, From the workshop recording 7/20/02

You can say things like, "As I look at successful people, and by that I mean rich people, yes, and I mean happy people, and sometimes they're rich and happy. But when I'm talking about the successful ones, what I really mean is the really happy people. People that are really joyful, that want to get up every day, that are eager to get into their day. Almost without exception, they had a pretty rough beginning, which turned them into a powerful rebel initially. And then they found a way to relax into their natural birthright of Well-being.

Abraham-Hicks, From the workshop recording 2/2/02

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home