Sunday, May 14, 2006

Being in my right mind means being in the Now

Just ran across an interesting note I made on April 30 that perhaps being in my right mind means being in the Now. It all has to do with this control thing. As long as I felt I had to control conditions or people outside of me or was responsible for others in any way, I would have some kind of worry or fear thoughts no matter what level. It might be low grade or intense, but there.

As I realize my thoughts generate my feelings and that they are under my control, I don't feel the need to control conditions or other people. I also don't feel responsible for how they feel either. I become more honest and more direct as a result. It's easier for me to make a choice about what I want to say or don't want to say.

I think the most interesting thing is that I start noticing new things that were there all the time. Now I allow myself to see them. It's like I was holding people and places frozen to match my beliefs. For example, having lived in Virginia for over 20 years and coming back to Indiana, it seems very backward in comparision. I like the peace here, but the people seemed stuck. Good people, but stuck in habit.

I'm changing my stuck views and lo and behold Indiana shows up to me in a new way. I love the earth and animals and last week read about a bio-inititive project in Reynolds, Indiana. It's a small town of 500 people and is a centerpiece of a two-year experiment to make a rural Hoosier town completely self-sufficient in energy use. In the same day I saw an article about a 63-year old man, Vic Cook, who built his own home in Pendleton, Indiana from the woods and products available on his property. Vic is cool looking, energetic man of 63 who built his home for $3,500 out of natural materials, to celebrate his love of nature. The same week, I was put on projects at work that involved scoring earth science tests. All of these things reflecting and reminding me of my love of nature, animals and the earth.

We start eternally new right now. Even if I did something I didn't like a second ago, it doesn't matter. All I have to do is decide what I want Now and go there.

I have the desire to start another blog exploring the magical, mystical earth. Look for it soon!
*************************************************************************************
Vic Cook's home is called "Giant" and can be toured by reservation May 1 through mid-October in Pendleton, Indiana. (765) 778-2757 www.giantearthship.com

Intake article and photos of BioTown. FAQs about Reynolds, Indiana (BioTown).

2 Comments:

At Friday, May 19, 2006 at 1:59:00 PM EDT, Blogger J F said...

oh i haven't had time to catch up on your blog! been so outta touch lately with my own. but anyway, i love all your posts. thanks for sharing all your abe notes. ;) my sis just lent me an abe tape today, but i still try to constantly follow all the teachings. =) t/c!

 
At Saturday, May 20, 2006 at 8:41:00 AM EDT, Blogger Suzanne said...

Hi jaqlin!

What fun that you are stopping by again! Abe's information is really changing my life. I love the feeling that I can control how I feel and that the Universe really does answer my desires. I'm so glad to meet a fellow lover of these teachings. I have lots of quotes stored up. Let me know if you want anything special.

Have a beauty of a day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home