Thursday, August 10, 2006

Abraham-Hicks: Appreciate yourself into well-being (diabetes is the example)

Question: There are two areas. One is, I want to be ageless forever! The other is, I have insulin dependent diabetes. And I've been applying your suggestion that I take that "Stick" about how well I'm doing, measuring my blood sugars... and just put it away.

And, indeed, I'm now in a whole new place: I have succeeded, I've accomplished that. I have more vitality. I'm physically active, dancing, and riding horses, I'm a happy girl. And I was really fascinated when you said that a person is 24 hours away from regenerating the tissue in their pancreas. And I'd like to know how to do that.

Abraham: We were talking about your not wanting to be the boss? And how that's not your job, anyway? That your job is the visionary, and Law of Attraction is the Manager? Well, Law of Attraction is the manager that will orchestrate all of that, too.

There's a tendency to get too actively involved, even in the visualization process. And so, you're better off envisioning the outcome than you are envisioning the regeneration of the tissue, because it's not something that you can see. That's the problem with medicine in your culture. There is so much examination over what's gone wrong that they hold themselves in the vibration of resistance that does not allow the cure, or does not allow the healing.

And so, keep dancing. Keep being the happy girl. That's the answer. Keep trusting this huge, effective manager that is waltzing into your life, on a regular basis, to facilitate anything that you have envisioned.

Think about it: You have this really good manager in place... who delegates really effectively to other managers, who delegate really effectively to other managers... and the whole thing runs like a well-oiled machine. All you have to do is occasionally point it in a direction here or there, through the power of your thought, and you have absolute confidence in those abilities of all of those managers and sub managers and sub managers, everybody playing the role that they play... Now, in the same way, once you get that worked out in your mind -- where you are trusting that the Law of Attraction will orchestrate all of that, relative to that -- then you can start applying that same process to your body. Actually, it's easier relative to your body than it is relative to others, because the cells of your body are actually operating in much greater cooperative fashion than the people in most organizations. But it is the same process.

Question: So, I delegate to my manager that, in addition to my desires, and I have a multitude of desires. I delegate all of them, basically, and I say, "I'd like to generate insulin inside my body?"

Abraham: We wouldn't even go that far. We would say, "Manager, you know what to do. You know what this body needs. The cells are giving you the indicators on a regular basis. Go to it. And I'll do my role, which is to hold myself in this light, fluffy, good feeling, rampage of appreciation, place, so that you can do your work in a non-restricted manner."

Have you ever known managers who over-managed to the point that the people who knew what to do couldn't get it done? [yes] Where, if they'd just been left to their own devices, they would have figured it out? So worried about things not happening, that they sort of over-managed -- until they created an environment that did not allow the work to be done? Well, that's the sort of thing that happens relative to your physical body when you get too consciously involved in trying to orchestrate.

You don't need to tell your body that it needs to produce insulin, but you think you do, because you're taking it externally. And so, you're saying to yourself, "Well, since my body doesn't produce this, and since I'm now utilizing it in order to bring myself into balance" And we say, that is too involved. That is too much management.

Instead, what you're wanting to say is, "I'm doing this, in the meantime, but my body knows what to do. The cells of my body know what to do."

If you knew then what you know now, this diabetes would have never begun, and certainly would not have been able to be perpetuated. But you didn't know then what you know now, and so, in your Energy misalignment, that's what got started. That was a crack of least resistance. And then, once it has manifested, now, what has manifested has your attention. And that's the only reason it's remaining. The Energy of your Being would not produce it today. So if the Energy of your Being would not produce it today, why is it remaining today? For one simple reason: It exists because you continue to observe it. That's the only hook.

"Because it has manifested, and now I see it, or now I experience the repercussions of having it -- now that holds me in vibrational harmony with it." And so, that's why we say... "The more things you can do to distract yourself from it, the better."

Question: And let go of the time reference, as well? 24 hours is immaterial?

Abraham: It doesn't matter at all. You're an eternal being. Why not let this be the opportunity of feeling the ecstasy of bringing yourself into alignment? Why not experience the thrill of getting an idea, and holding it purely in your mind, and watching the cells of your body? Why not let that be an adventure, or a journey, that is delicious for you?

Can I Get Over There From Here?

As you stand here and you say "I'd rather be over there," what you're actually saying is, "I want to go from here to over here." And we say, that's not very likely, is it? There is some distance to travel from here to there.

"I don't want to have to get over there. I want to be over there." And we say, "Well, the way you be over there is by getting there in your mind." And so, how do I get from here to over there, without that feeling of having to traverse the distance? And we say, by feeling that you are already over there.

When you are very clear that you are here, and equally clear that you would like to be over there, there is a tendency to sort of be in both places at the same time. In other words, "Here I am, I want to be there. Here I am, I want to be there. Here I am, I want to be there. And so, the consensus of your vibration is not making much movement. Where, if you could stop feeling so profoundly where you are, and start feeling more about where you're wanting to be, then your vibration is purer about this.

Now, that's not an easy thing to do when it has something to do with your physical body or your physical experience, or the stuff you see around you. In other words, "Here is where I am. How can I not recognize that I am here?" We're not asking you to stop recognizing that you are here. We're just asking you to spend more time thinking about where you want to be than you do about where you are. You just have to make where you are going feel more familiar than where you are.

And we think that if it really, really mattered, if you were really in a place of strong discomfort, that you might spend more time doing that. We think that we would make it a non-issue. We would start saying, "I'm happy where I am. I'm happy where I'm going. I'm happy along the way. I'm happy eternally. I'm not trying to get from here to there because I'm not happy here -- I'm just going from here to there because that's the natural process."

Diffusing any sense of lack of Well-being

You're wanting to diffuse any sense of lack within your experience. "I would like my body to produce insulin, but it's not a big deal, because I have plenty of insulin available to me. And so, my body is maintaining its balance. And whether I'm getting it this way or that way, I'm already where I'm wanting to be."

For example, if it's relative to dollars, Certainly I'm wanting more dollars, but I'm not wanting more dollars because I'm in a place of lack, or of not enough dollars. There are plenty of dollars coming." Your dominant work is to diffuse any feeling of lack, or any feeling of pushing against anything. That's the way you hold yourself in this place of greater allowance.

We want to find ways to convince you that the Well-being that you've been asking for is being answered. Your wish is granted. Now it's time for you to start accepting that it is done. In other words, "The financial institution has granted my request for a home loan. The school I have chosen for my child is fantastic. My body feels great. The money is flowing. My mate truly adores me. I have creations within me that are expanding. There is beauty before me. Every day of my life will be delicious. My future is bright. There is no such thing as decline. I am a vessel continually infused with powerful Energy. Well-being truly abounds. The earth spins in its orbit. The tomatoes continue to grow. My cells know what to do. My breathing mechanism is perfect. My metabolism is perfect. My elimination system is perfect. My blood knows what to do..."

In the same way that you don't put the sun coming up on your To Do list, don't put creating insulin on your To Do list. Just appreciate yourself into the Well-being that is natural to you.

Guest: I've had a really long To Do list, haven't I?

Abraham: Yes, because you've been trying to justify your worthiness through it. And nobody's watching. That's the important thing. All that worthiness you've been striving for is misguided.

Guest: Well, every statement you've made, I fully feel and agree with. And I'll just enjoy myself.


Abraham-Hicks, Portland, OR, 5/20/00
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Abraham-Hicks quotes copyright by Abraham-Hicks Publications. For more information visit http://www.abraham-hicks.com/

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, July 9, 2008 at 9:01:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just wondering about diabetes and Abraham...two clicks later I am at this article...and that is two clicks from another site.
Talk about LOA.

You know if you simply moderate comments you save others from having to type the annoying code. Moderating comments will allow you to not post those that are spam.

 
At Thursday, July 10, 2008 at 4:27:00 PM EDT, Blogger Suzanne said...

Knowing how LOA works is a lot of fun. I appreciate you stopping by.

I didn't have codes or moderation at one time, but was getting spam. Moderation adds another step for me so I chose codes because I would rather focus on other things than administration. From this experience though, when I go to another site then I appreciate how handy codes are for them so it's a matter of perspective.

Many blessings to you on your path.

 
At Monday, August 11, 2008 at 4:24:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading this quote, thank you, but I really enjoyed the way you responded to the previous person's comment about the codes. It was just a perfect way of responding to something that was (unnecessarily I thought) critical. It really impressed me. May seem like a weird thing to comment on, but it really struck me as perfect. It made me want to be able to respond to things that way...not defensive...just matter of fact...'cause everything really is a matter of perspective, isn't it, and we're each entitled to our own.
Blessings to you,
Madeline

 
At Monday, August 11, 2008 at 7:58:00 AM EDT, Blogger Suzanne said...

Hello Madeline,

I enjoyed your comment very much and I'm so glad you stopped by.

Something key for me was a powerful understanding about relationships that I wrote about in the posts "Epiphany" and "The Epiphany really works" on August 6, 2006 in Finding my Way to Well-being.

I use the technique I discovered in Epiphany, or whatever works best, to get the feeling I want, then I can allow my own connection to influence me and not what someone else is sending out.

I love your desire to respond to others in a matter of fact way. I have stated that desire to myself in exactly the same way. I do know that if you ask for it, it is yours. It really is. Isn't that a wonderful thing! :)

You've inspired me to write some other thoughts and experiences I've been having about relationships. I'm continuing my journey in my new blog, Deliberate Creating.

Thanks again for stopping by.

Wishing you unexpected delights, Madeline.

Suzanne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home