Sunday, January 08, 2006

By Jove, I think I've got it!

I'm definitely getting a clearer understanding of how conscious deliberate creation works. The word "trust" has been important for a long time, but more so the last few weeks. As a matter of fact, trust has been like a sign post to me. At first it was trust God and then it became for me to trust myself. Trust myself to listen to inner guidance. Trust myself to make choices. Trust my gut feelings instead of my head (the shoulds and ought to's and the things that "make sense").

My understanding this morning is about contrast. For the last two years, I've been working with the concepts that Abraham-Hicks is presenting and contrast is one of their terms. What they are saying is that life is a buffet and we have the ability to make the choice of what we want to put on our plate. And we don't have to get upset because the buffet offers something we don't want or like, we can just choose something else.

I saw a tape of an Abraham workshop one time where a young woman was asking questions. Abe asked her what she wanted to do and she said all she really wanted to do was paint. And Abe was asking what kind of thoughts she had about that and they got to the place where the woman said she didn't think she even wanted to sell them, she just wanted to paint because she loved it, but people don't make money doing that. Abe's comment was that they thought that's how many people made money here -- having fun. And in other places they talk about petting our cat or looking at the clouds and just allowing ourselves to feel joy. The point is not to get rid of feelings, it's to not feel at the mercy of them. Conscious deliberate creation is realizing that we are in charge of what we feel and think. And they take it further and say that is how we create...by our thoughts and feelings. It is empowering. There are many, many books and teachers with these concepts now so that there is a buffet of this type of information to choose from. (Abraham-Hicks, Wayne Dwyer, Jane Roberts Seth material, Neale Donald Walsch, Louise Hay, Shakti Gawain, and many others.)

This morning I felt like I was on the other side of some chasm I had been wanting to cross. I feel safe. There were things happening to my body and in my life that felt very threatening and frightening to me. And the key has been trust. When I trust Source to provide for me, then I don't have to be afraid of anything. And I can see how we might come here as souls to experience the physical environment because there is contrast. It becomes interesting instead of frightening when I trust that all is well, that I am provided for, and that my desires will be fulfilled. Instead of frustrating, frightening, or discouraging...contrast becomes fun. It might make more sense if I describe what I am talking about, but I don't want to talk about most of it. Here is one example though. So what if the work I was doing ended suddenly and I was counting on that money to pay February rent. Something better will come along. That's the kind of trust I'm talking about. Not being able to pay rent might be on the buffet table, but I don't have to choose to put in on my plate. I can trust and just do what feels good even if it doesn't fit the traditional way of thinking. What if I don't job hunt? What if trust says to sort a closet or go watch movies with my brother or watch a squirrel jumping in the trees? It feels important to me now and so different than the way I thought before. I'm going to explore it. And it certainly brings balance to a life that was quite a workaholic experience before. Hmmm. Yep. I like the idea of watching squirrels jumping in the trees to balance out those days when I worked until 1 AM on a presentation at work.

Life is good. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home