Friday, January 13, 2006

How to stay on your path when what you don't want is staring you in the face

You've trained yourself to face reality. You've trained yourself to tell the truth. You've trained yourself to tell it like it is. So in the beginning, these fantasies feel a little inappropriate, because it's like you're fooling yourself. Sometimes people will say, "Well, isn't this just denial?" And we say, we hope so! We hope that you are denying the absence that you do not want. And we hope that you are embracing the presence of what you do. But somehow the idea of denial has become a dirty word to you; like it is virtuous to face the reality of the horror of your own lives. And we would be ignoring anything that did not please us. We would get our eyes on what feels good."

Expressed by Abraham-Hicks, 3/9/01*

In another quote Abraham states that ignoring is more accurately what they are saying and that's my experience, too. This is especially effective when you have something you are experiencing every day and your desire is for something different. For example, if every step you take your knees hurt and your desire is to walk freely. If you have $3 in your pocket and $10 in the bank and your desire is to pay the rent. For one thing, bless this situation because it is a powerful way to fine tune your desire. You are really aware of what you want in this situation and what is holding you back.

One way to stay on the path of what I want is to say affirmations. The minute I feel the pain or have any fear or worry I find the statements that give me relief. "I am facing in the right direction. I know I am on my path. I am making the right choices for me. I have help along the way. The money is here for me. All is well. There is only well being. I am guided to my desires. I walk easily and effortlessly. There is no order of miracles. This is my Universe and I can ask for anything I want." I say whatever makes me feel better.

If resistance comes up there are several ways to release it. The psychological defense which is termed denial is usually not helpful because it is unconscious and we don't get the chance to deal with whatever is causing problems. We just carry feelings around and have a bandaid of denial over them. It's helpful in times of trauma because it allows time to pass and the person to heal to a point where they can face the traumatic event. It's not helpful in the case of a bully who beats up on people because he feels insecure. He never gives himself the chance to realize his worth because he denies feeling insecure.

So, the type of denial that is helpful here is ignoring. There are so many cases where doctors have told their patients they would never walk or they would have some condition for the rest of their life. The patient decides they will heal and they do through their own determination and desire. It's ignoring somebody else's "truth" and going for your own. It's saying, well, this might be the conditions right now, but that doesn't matter, I'm going to create what I want.

If I have something I want and I think about it and feel great then nothing else needs to be done but enjoy it. If I have a resistant feeling then I want to find some way to soothe that. When there is something staring me in the face every day, then I had to find ways to feel better right then and there.

I might do Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) on the feelings to release them. Or I might just keep adjusting my statements until I find one that feels better. If I say "The money is here for me" and the thought comes "no it's not." I could say something like, "I know this works and I will find the way." I might distract myself by going to a movie or doing something around the house. I also ask guides and teachers for a sign. I might say, "I want to know I'm on the right path. Give me a sign, please." I ask for guidance. I ask for what is the next step in learning how to be a conscious deliberate creator. And I get it! I might tell my Inner Being that I need to have that feeling of connection and then it happens. It's really wonderful when that happens, very reassuring.

I use some of the techniques Abraham has recommended like the placemat. I have a document that I use to put in my requests to the Law of Attraction manager. I write it all out then say, Please take care of this for me, Manager. Thank you! And then I let it go. I know it will either come to me or I will be guided to take some action.

It's all of these little experiences every day that help me build up trust in Source Energy and in myself. It's allowed me to turn from a way of thinking that fit my family and the people around me, but never fit me. The world seems like a very interesting place to me now. Much more interesting than before. I was good in school and college, but found it boring. I don't know yet what I will do. I'm just now allowing myself to be in a place that's so new where I'm not thinking of fitting in some way. I love writing, but even that is fitting into something that has been established for a very, very long time!

I think the leading edge now has to do with energy. There are new forms of energetic healing. More people are channeling and communicating with non-physical. I feel the merging of physical and non-physical and that's a very good thing. I suspect it is how it was always meant to be.

I have another blog called Words of Well-being where I channel. I really have the desire to channel for others. If you will enter a question or request in a comment there, I would channel for you. Just know that I will just write down whatever comes through and not edit it. Be anonymous if you wish. It sounds interesting and fun -- I hope you will join me in this adventure!

May you have a beauty of a day.

Suzanne

*All quotes are copyright Abraham-Hicks Publications. Visit the official Abraham site at: www.abraham-hicks.com/ Abraham-Hicks Publications, P. O. Box 690070, San Antonio, TX 78269

Links to Words of Well-being, EFT, and Abraham-Hicks are on the sidebar to the right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home