Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Come firewalk with me

The only thing that makes the difference in the way you feel right now is the thought that you are thinking right now. It doesn't matter how much money you've got; there are joyful people with no money, and there are unhappy people with lots of money. How you feel is about how you are allowing the Source that is You to flow. So when we talk about the Art of Allowing, we're talking about the art of living; about the art of thriving; about the art of clarity. We're talking about the art of being who you really are.

Abraham-Hicks, From the workshop recording 7/20/02

I've had enough proof in the big things as well as the small ones, that I know now that deliberate conscious creation really works. Last Friday so much had happened that I had to admit to myself it was true, not just every once in awhile, but it was the way things worked. I walked around in a daze all weekend. I was thinking, if all is well then how do I live my life? What do I do if there's no need to struggle or resist in any way? None.

I was in a wonderful place and then astoundingly, I made some phone calls about an hour ago...wanting to be responsible about my health and finances...and damned if I didn't get into a crying maelstrom of unpleasant feelings.

I'm also getting in touch with objects and sounds from the late 60's and early 70's -- high school, college, early years of my marriage, peace, love, light, Nixon, us and them. I've been decluttering and turning up magazines, buttons, and newspaper articles I had saved from that time. Right now I'm listening to a couple of Beatles' songs, Rain and Get Back from that time. I haven't heard them in years and years (thank you, Charles!). I have so many feelings and memories from listening to those songs.

I feel better now, but I felt like a little tornado whipped up inside me from stem to stern and whirled emotions around. The phone calls triggered fears -- I would rather not go to the doctors. The objects and especially these songs triggered something else. Hopes I had about my marriage (I've been divorced since 1989) and about my life and life on this planet. Even if we have a difficult time in childhood or early adult years, there is still a hope that comes from being that young. And I could just feel the vitality and strength I had when I was in my 20's.

Abe says how we feel is what is important. And from that come the things that we want. Even after I found Abe's concepts, I knew feeling good was important, but I still wanted the things -- the job, the peaceful home, the money to pay bills, the health. More and more though I'm realizing that feeling good is what is important. The more I start receiving the things or experiences that I have wanted, the more I understand how this works. I develop trust. I've shifted my consciousness for the better about the conditions and therefore the conditions themselves will shift for the better.

My friend, Gina (Metaphysical Musings) explores these ideas, too. She describes me as driven and I have felt that way. But with trust it becomes more a feeling of being focused. The driven feelings came from feeling fear.

I remember reading about Anthony Robbins, the self-help guru, who was giving firewalks. He had everyone going to the workshop stand and watch them stack telephone poles in a great pile and set them on fire. They stood until there was a huge blaze and then went into the workshop to learn about firewalking. The coals from that fire would be where they would walk. He said it was great motivation.

So, I have some financial things going on. I've been down to $2 bucks or less several times in the last few months with no apparent prospects for more. There are health issues that I can see and feel that I've let limit me. That's my bonfire.

I used to buy into the "wisdom" that we learn from trials and struggles. That we grow as a person when that happens. It may be true that we grow then and it's a tribute to each individual that they do seek out the best in themselves in difficult times.

I don't think I have to live that way any more. I do think life can be easy. I do think I can learn as much or more from positive experiences as from struggle. I think it's a matter of perspective. It's getting the new perspective in place of the old patterns. The trick for me is to do that when I'm in the midst of the old ones -- they seemed so real at the time. Or at least they used to seem so real.

I'm really pleased to know that if the old stuff comes swirling around, I can let it go. I feel balanced and refreshed inside now. Maybe once we allow the energy to move, it happens like that...a big swirly inside that rearranges everything.

I'm just glad to feel better and I definitely feel better about seeing the doctors. I can handle it. The rest of it I will give to the Universe to take care of and deal with it when the time comes. There's plenty of time...and all is well.

Peace and Light,
Suzanne

***********************************************************************************
All quotes are copyright Abraham-Hicks Publications. Abraham-Hicks Publications, P. O. Box 690070, San Antonio, TX 78269. Visit the official Abraham site at: www.abraham-hicks.com/

2 Comments:

At Thursday, February 9, 2006 at 12:31:00 PM EST, Blogger Bill Marshall said...

Hi Suzanne,
I'm familiar with Abraham-Hicks and have read Seth and for the past five years have been reading the Elias Transcripts. In fact, I recently had my book The Forgotten SElf published. It is a fictional about about the next 75 years. The story incorparates all of the ideas of Elias, Seth and Abraham-Hicks. You are right!! If you implement the information in your life, things really do change.
Let's both keep getting the word out.
Bill Marshall

 
At Thursday, February 9, 2006 at 4:02:00 PM EST, Blogger Suzanne said...

I just googled your book and see it can be purchased on Amazon.com. It sounds interesting. Congratulations!

Yes, my life has changed quite a bit with Abraham's concepts. It's going to change one way or the other, but I love being able to consciously make choices about what I want.

Thanks for stopping by, Bill.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home