Monday, February 13, 2006

Rethinking my blogs

I'm rethinking the purpose of this blog or even if I want to delete it. When I first started blogging I didn't tell anyone. I just wanted to begin the process of writing where others could read it. I enjoy writing and wanted to include my personal experiences. This was a way I could experience the boundaries I wanted to set between what I would and wouldn't want to share. I went through a progression of making it more public. I told friends, then put it in my signature in the writer's forum at AbsoluteWrite.

I want to include personal experiences in my writing because I've found it helpful when other authors did. I could relate to it or it would help me understand something in my own life. The right personal experience can illuminate concepts concisely and vividly.

I also keep a private journal and now the blog seems more like it is becoming a journal. That's really not what I wanted to do. So, I'm thinking about what I do want.

I am changing so rapidly right now. It's gold to me and I do journal some of it, but I think it's too much to share. Is it understandable to others? What value does it have to others to share my own process of transformation?

I don't know if I'll delete this blog or start in a new direction. I'm rethinking everything in my life right now, so it's no wonder I'm rethinking this blog and Words of Well-being.

I will say that there are times when I feel strange. Do you remember the times when something happened that was so different that you felt strange -- you didn't know who you were at first? The first day I went to college I felt like that. I was out of my normal environment and experiencing myself in a new way. That's the way I feel alot of times now. I'm changing a very old pattern of how I thought of myself when I was growing up. I'm getting used to the strange feeling because it is happening so often now. I'm thrilled to let that old, stuck, unpleasant pattern go. I don't know what the new is, but I've decided that is definitely ok. I will be guided and find my way. So, I end up feeling strange and in unfamiliar territory at the same time. It's not like college where there were others going through the same thing and orientation meetings. It's just me, my guides and teachers, and a loving Universe. And all I can say is thank God to have that loving guidance!

Well, I did end up journaling after all. Oh, well! I'm still in the question of what to do about this blog and if I want to continue with it.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 at 4:40:00 PM EST, Blogger Unknown said...

Let us take this journey with you. Hang in there. Change is like this, it's not very far from insanity...it's coming to sanity. I understand your blog, if you think no one is reading, make an effort to get yourself on blog rolls, read Dawnos blog forum etc. I think you know this. I just joined an interesting group called www.blogher.org . I think you could do about anything with that group. And I kept my own blog. Maybe the answer is to revamp this blog but keep all the old stuff, it's valuable.
Paint

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 at 9:07:00 PM EST, Blogger Suzanne said...

Paint,

I really appreciate your comments. I wanted to find a balance between not giving too many details about my life and giving enough so that it was understandable. I was wondering if being so personal was even interesting -- that there might be a better way to write about what was going on.

You are so right that it is going from insanity to sanity. I've just gone through another big change letting go of family and my childhood attitudes about myself and life, and it feels great to be through it -- I tell you, I don't even want to look back, but to just keep on to better things!

I appreciate the information about blogher.org. And I really appreciate you walking with me awhile on the journey. Thanks, Paint!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home