Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The energy of pinched-off feelings: Overwhelment, frustration, and jealousy

Abraham talks about feelings as our indicators of whether we are in alignment with our Inner Being or not. When we feel negative feelings, it is information that we are pinching off the well-being that flows. My education and training taught me to analyze the feelings and come to terms with them and there are technques that I use like that that are still helpful. It's much quicker to move to better feelings with energywork and Abraham's concepts.

It's helpful to me to realize what is happening to my experience of well-being when I have a negative feelings. Ok, so I'm pinching it off, but how? I don't have to look outside myself for an answer. I don't have to have money in my hand or have someone else turn into someone I like better to feel good. It's my responsibility and under my control. I find that very freeing.

I'm going to start a list of feelings and how I see them as pinching off well-being. The only one I have that is defined by Abraham is overwhelment. If you have other Abe quotes for feelings or your own take on it, I'd love to know -- just leave a comment.

Overwhelment is about you not being up to speed with what you told the Universe that you want. The Universe is yielding to you. You're just not ready to receive it right now. Abraham-Hicks, From the workshop recording 5/13/02

Antidote: My favorite way to allow well-being to flow is Abraham's placemat process. I use it for everything, but it's my favorite when I feel overwhelmed. Connie Chandler's Whatanicewebsite has an excellent description of this process.

Frustration: When I have a strong desire I am summoning a lot of Source Energy. Frustration happens when I also have an equally strong resistance to that desire. For example, if I wanted to write a novel, but don't believe I know enough to do so. If the desire and resistance are equal -- I have writer's block. Frustration feels like having one foot on the gas pedal and one foot on the brake.

Antidote: Placemat process again. It also works to make a list of five things to do. I make them as basic as I need to and they or may not be about whatever I feel frustrated about. It just gets the energy moving in a positive way. I can also use EFT on the feelings.

Jealousy: This one seems to be when I see someone who has or does something I have a strong desire for. It's when it also seems like they are equal to me -- they are an ordinary person (not on an Olympic level of whatever it is). It's something I could do, but I'm not allowing myself to because my beliefs are limiting me. I just read a series of gentle mystery books and I felt angry by the time I finished the books. The stories didn't get better...it seemed like she was just filling in the blanks. I could write as well as she can! I haven't, but I could (grin). I have enough belief in myself to feel I could do it, but I get bogged down when I try to do it. There are a lot of feelings involved in reading her books, frustration, anger...but also jealousy.

Antidote: I think the antidote would be to just do it myself. I'm still working on this one. I placemat the desires and feelings. I can make a list of five things. I did start a book and now want to abandon it. AbsoluteWrite has a novel writing thread called Learning writing with Uncle Jim (the author, James D. Macdonald). I read a lot of novels and I've read a lot of "how to" write articles and books. I think Uncle Jim will help me get unstuck and at least get going again, so that's what I'm going to try next.

***********************************************************************************
All quotes are copyright Abraham-Hicks Publications. Abraham-Hicks Publications, P. O. Box 690070, San Antonio, TX 78269. Visit the official Abraham site at: www.abraham-hicks.com/

2 Comments:

At Monday, September 22, 2008 at 11:47:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feeling deep in overwhelment this evening, I ran across your post. Now I'm off to try that placemat process. Hopefully it's just what I needed at this moment! Thanks!

 
At Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 8:02:00 AM EDT, Blogger Suzanne said...

Hello Deanna,

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment. I love meeting another deliberate creator.

Overwhelment is an interesting feeling to me because it means we are allowing more good to come into our life. We just have the delightful task of learning how to be comfortable with it which I find a fun perspective to think about.

I have my own version of the placemat process and, as a matter of fact, used it yesterday. I keep a Notebook document I call The Placemat and I open it and add my latest note with requests and feelings I want to give to the Universe or Manager. It's something that always feels good to me and I hope you enjoy it, too.

Wishing you delight and joy in those good things manifesting in your life.

~Suzanne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home