Saturday, May 20, 2006

Abraham-Hicks: No need to justify ourselves through struggle...relax, be easy...all is well

Most people have a hard time delegating, or even wanting to delegate, because you have been justifying your existence through your hard work, and you equate success with struggle; you equate results with struggle. And so, you sort of wear your struggle like a badge of honor. And all of that is opposite of allowing the Well-being. The only thing that ever matters in success or achievement is your achieving the things that you want to achieve. So if you are setting standards and you're feeling uncomfortable about the standards that you've set, tweak the standards back a little bit. Ratchet it back a notch. Give yourself a break. Give yourself the benefit of the doubt. Lighten up. Be easier. Go slower. Take it easy. Have more fun. Love yourself more. Laugh more. Appreciate more. All is well. You can't get it wrong. You never get it done.

Abraham-Hicks, 4/20/02

I have Abraham-Hicks quotes as my home page and it always seems like the quote for the day is perfect for me. Even if I've seen them before, I've changed my perspective so I see something new each time.

The quote above is today's quote and I was just noticing how it really fits what is happening to me now. The more I change my thinking and feel better, the less "to do's" I seem to do or want. I get the basics done, but there are old things to be taken care of and I'm really not interested in spending my time on it. Like three boxes of old papers I found when I cleaned out my storage unit. I'd like to just shred them all or burn them or toss them all, but also want to make sure I pull anything that might be useful. I'd like a shredder for sure! I worked on it some this morning, but just didn't want to do it so decided to leave it for now.

I also notice I have a real desire to pare down what I own again. I've moved four times in the last three years and may move again in a month or so. How much stuff do I really need? I've thought it would be interesting to really pare down what I own to things I absolutely use or really love. I mean waaaay down.

There's a pile of stuff I have in the living room to sell on eBay. Haven't wanted to take the time to do that either. I've given away a lot of my stuff in the past each time I moved and this time wanted to sell it. I'll give this to the Manager* to take care of. I want things done, but would rather spend my time in other, more enjoyable ways.

My ex-husband and I moved from Virginia Beach to Pittsburgh in the early 70's with everything we owned in a VW Beetle, except for a box of books which we shipped on a Greyhound Bus. If it wouldn't fit in the VW, it didn't go with us. There was a nice freedom about that.

I think one thing is that I have the desire to move someplace beautiful and new. I've always wanted to go to Taos, NM..Sante Fe...that area.

Change is in the air...and it's all good.

Update 8:19 PM. Well, how quickly things manifest! I have a NotePad file that I use to make my requests to the Manager*. I have the shortcut on my desktop and any time there is something I want taken care of, I just type it out and ask the Manager to take care of it for me. So, after I wrote this blog, I told the Manager I had this stuff I wanted to get out of my living room, that I wanted money, and that I didn't really want to take the time to sell it myself. Please take care of that for me, Manager. I putzed around a little, then cleaned out the bottom drawer in my desk where I stash things to do. There was a little newspaper with an add for a store that sells items on eBay for you. I knew about them, but wanted to get all of the money when I sold something. It was clear to me after the blog and letter to the Manager that I want to do more creative things and not to spend the time it would take to get up to speed right now to sell on eBay. This store will take professional photographs, will already have an established reputation as a seller, professional templates for their pages, take care of contacting the buyer and shipping and handling. That's worth it to me. If I really want to get into eBay I can do it later. I've checked their website and it looks good, now I'll talk to them. I feel better already!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Abraham-Hicks quotes copyright by Abraham-Hicks Publications. For more information visit http://www.abraham-hicks.com/

Daily Abraham-Hicks quotes

*The Manager: Think of this random Universe where everything is possible. The organizational skills belong to Law of Attraction. If you will relax and allow Law of Attraction to do the organization, the managing, then you can spend your time doing the things that please you.

Abraham-Hicks, 9/21/02

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home