Saturday, February 18, 2006

Cherokee Tale of Two Wolves

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, "My son, the battle is between two "wolves" inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy,sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."


I really like this parable for the reminder it gives me that I have the power to focus on what I want, and by focusing, I give life to what I want. I don't see the other wolf as evil, just not a good-feeling wolf, a mistake to be corrected. I have the power to choose what I want to feel and I like the good feelings better.

Yesterday my sister was coming to my house to help me take care of things I couldn't do and I got in a dither about it. I love her, but often didn't feel good around her because of the way she talks to me and what she focuses on. I needed help, but started feeling aggravated and defensive because I didn't want her commenting on my home and me. I had a big shift on Valentine's evening and since then it's been so easy to work up to better feelings. I used the following Abraham concept to think my way into a better feeling place about my sister and enjoyed her visit quite a bit.

Anything that you are wanting: don't stand in the lack of it and lament that it isn't there and expect it to come to you. It cannot. Find a little piece of it, a little string of it, a little trail of it, a little clue of it - look for something about it, and focus upon that little piece, and by Law of Attraction, watch it grow!

- Abraham-Hicks - 02/16/91

So, I just found a thought about her that felt good and as I thought that one, I thought of another one, and another one. And I added thoughts about myself and Source Energy and how I had asked for help with some things I couldn't take care of and how nice it would be to have it done. And shortly I was feeling pretty good about her visit! It changed from resisting things I didn't want to experiencing her visit as a gift I have asked for.

It's a beautiful day here. Very cold, but I'm enjoying from my snug, warm home office. Wishing you warmth and beauty in your day. :)

*************************************************************************************
All quotes are copyright Abraham-Hicks Publications. Abraham-Hicks Publications, P. O. Box 690070, San Antonio, TX 78269. Visit the official Abraham site at: www.abraham-hicks.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home